Building Better Opportunities - ESIF
Want to be the first to know when we find new Grant Funds?
You can: Follow us on Twitter and Linkedin, where we regularly post Grant Alert updates - or you can sign up to our ‘Grant Alert Service’ which will mean you receive an email summary of every Grant Alert we find, alongside additional tips and advice
Key Driver: Building Better Opportunities aims to invest in local projects tackling the root causes of poverty, promoting social inclusion and driving local jobs and growth.
Funding Body ESIF - via Big Lottery Fund
Funding Amount £330,000 - £10.6m
Next Step Round 2 Application
Due Date 30 November 2015
Building Better Opportunities brings together funding from the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund (ESF) to help tackle the poverty and social exclusion faced by the most disadvantaged people in England and drive local jobs and growth.
There are currently 61 funding opportunities open for stage one applications.
The funding will be delivered in 38 Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) areas according to local priorities, which have been set by the LEPs, and will support projects ranging from improving employability for the most disadvantaged, helping those with multiple and complex needs, to improving financial literacy.
The second round of funding opportunities is now open. There are 61 new opportunities in 18 of the 38 LEP areas, totalling £132.6 million investment.
Any organisation is able to apply, however most of the project outlines available will be better suited to partnership working.
Big Lottery Fund will still accept applications from organisations working on their own, but it is considered unlikely that a single organisation will have the breadth and depth of experience needed to tackle the complex multiple issues that the people who’ll benefit face on a daily basis.
LEP Working Areas include:
- Black Country
- Cheshire and Warrington
- Coast to Capital
- Cornwall and Isles of Scilly
- Coventry and Warwickshire
- Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham & Nottinghamshire
- Enterprise M3
- Greater Cambridge & Greater Peterborough
- Greater Lincolnshire
- Greater Manchester
- Heart of South West
- Leeds City Region
- Leicester and Leicestershire
- Liverpool City Region
- New Anglia
- North East
- Sheffield City Region
- South East
- South East Midlands
- Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire
- Swindon and Wiltshire
- Tees Valley
- Thames Valley Berkshire
- The Marches
- West of England
- York, North Yorkshire & East Riding
Project outlines describe each specific funding opportunity that is available and set out what Big Lottery Fund want each project to achieve and the areas or groups of people that it needs to target. They will only fund one project per project outline.
- Help the most disadvantaged
- Tackle social exclusion
- Be focused on the capabilities of each individual
- Lead to better coordinated services
- Create new opportunities for work.
On the majority of the project outlines, it will specify that particular target groups are to benefit from activities. These relate to the groups of people that are considered a priority by the European Commission:
- People with parental or carer responsibilities.
- People with health issues and disabilities.
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups (BAME).
- Refugees and recent migrants.
- People aged over 50 with few or no qualifications and not in employment.
- Low-income, single-earner households with children where one partner is not working.
- Disabled people.
- Those out of contact with the labour market.
- Ex-offenders and offenders.
- Homeless people.
- People with low or no skills.
A CHANCE TO TALK ONE-ON-ONE:
We also held an event concerning the South West Growth Fund in mid-September, which was a huge success. If you missed it, then don't worry. We're planning to hold similar meetings called 'Breakfast Briefings' on a quarterly basis in the future - more details can be found Here.
If you'd like to be notified when sign-ups for these open please email; email@example.com.
If you think you could benefit from this funding, or would like to know more about other funds you might be eligible for, please do not hesitate to contact us, on: