A MAS Grant provides funding between £300 to £3,000 towards a very wide variety of projects, giving projects the boost they need at the beginning.
Types of projects in scope, subject to MAS approval:
- Lean, 5S, continuous improvement
- Getting systems in place for ISO 9001, 14001 and other industry standards
- Patent search activities and/or IPR strategy
- Bespoke staff training as part of addressing a wider business strategy
- Sales & marketing and Finance strategy
- Consultancy to improve product design
- Design for manufacture and assembly
- Product development consultancy
- Rapid prototyping to support advanced manufacturing
- Material selection
- Subcontract CAD design and drafting
- Tooling costs
MAS assessment must be carried out, but the fund is in principal open to any manufacturer based in England regardless of size.