ERDF - Promoting research and Innovation
Want to be the first to know when we find new Grant Funds?
You can: Follow us on Twitter and Linkedin, where we regularly post Grant Alert updates - or you can sign up to our ‘Grant Alert Service’ which will mean you receive an email summary of every Grant Alert we find, alongside additional tips and advice
Opens 27 July 2015
Funding type Grant
Funding body European Regional Development Fund
Funding amount Up to £500,000 of funding is available through this call
Next step Submission of Proposals
Due date 25 September 2015
On behalf of the national Growth Programme Board, the Department for Communities and Local Government (the Managing Authority) invites applications seeking European Regional Development Fund support under: Priority Axis 1 Promoting Research and Innovation
Investment Priorities: Investment Priority 1b – Promoting business investment in research and innovation;
- Developing links and synergies between enterprises, research and development centres and the Higher Education sector, in particular promoting investment in product and service development, technology transfer, social innovation, eco-innovation, public service applications, demand stimulation, networking, clusters and open innovation through smart specialisation;
- Supporting technological and applied research, pilot lines, early product validation actions, advance manufacturing capabilities and first production, in particular in key enabling technologies and diffusion of general purpose technologies.
Indicative Fund Allocation: Indicatively, through this call the Managing Authority expects to allocate up to £500,000.
Minimum application level: Projects with a total value of less than £875,000 will not be supported under this call.
Duration of project approvals: Projects should be for a maximum of three years, however the Managing Authority reserves the right to vary the maximum duration in exceptional circumstances.
Geographical Scope: Revenue projects should predominantly support businesses based within the Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership area.
Specific call requirements: European Regional Development Fund can contribute up to 60% (in transition regions) and up to 50% (in more developed regions) of the total eligible project costs subject to State Aid regulations. The level of European Regional Development Fund awarded will be the minimum needed in order for the project to proceed. The remaining 40% or more must come from other eligible sources.
Required Outputs under this Call: Projects must deliver against the Priority Axis 1 outputs and results of the European Regional Development Fund 2014 to 2020 Operational Programme.
Proposals should demonstrate alignment with local development need and priorities including:
- How applicants will ensure that they work alongside, and not duplicate, the Growth Hub (a separate call is being published concurrently for the continuation of the Heart of the South West Growth Hub).
- How applicants will work with the Future Economy working group, and utilise this group to provide strategic oversight and leadership of the activities proposed.
- How the proposed model of delivery will make best use of any and all existing infrastructure for innovation support already in existence in the area, to ensure activity supports the ongoing development of an effective ‘innovation ecosystem’ as a sustainable legacy from this and related investments.
- How the proposal links with Innovate UK activity in the Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership area.
If you think you could benefit from this funding, or would like to know more about other funds you might be eligible for, please do not hesitate to contact us, on: