Innovate UK – Open Funding Competition
- INNOVATE UK - OPEN FUNDING COMPETITION -
KEY DRIVER: Supporting high quality innovation from any company, in any area of the UK economy.
Funding Body Innovate UK
Funding Amount £25k - £1m
Next Deadline Q1, 2017
The competition is open to the best business-led ideas or concepts. These can be drawn from any technology, engineering or industrial area, including Innovate UK’s 4 priority sectors for growth.
To be in scope, a proposal must:
- Demonstrate innovation leading to novel, new products, processes or services
- Articulate a clear and anticipated growth impact for the business(s) leading to a significant return on investment (ROI)
Click below to view this Grant Alert as a Video:
Priority will be given to proposals that are likely to lead to sustainable gains in productivity and/or access to new overseas markets through export led business growth.
Projects under 12 months in length and under £100k in grant funding, with a £5m fund for this call.
Over 12 months in length and over £100k in grant funding, with a £10m total fund for this call.
The open programme supports high quality innovation from any company, in any area of the UK economy. This will run twice a year and there is the opportunity for a re-submission based on funder feedback.
Projects can focus on:
- Feasibility studies which may include a proof of market
- Industrial research
- Experimental development depending on the challenge identified and proposed solution
Percentage of project costs that can be claimed as grant for different types of research and companies:
Applicant business size
Feasibility studies/Proof of market
Projects may last between 6 and 36 months. Total eligible project costs should range from £25,000 to £1 million depending on the type of R&D to be undertaken.
An applicant can only submit one project application per competition round. If more than one application per category is submitted in a round, only the first application will be considered for assessment.
Innovate UK competitions require all projects to be led by a business. Other types of organisation can apply in collaboration with a business partner. Intervention rates depend on the size of the business and project role.
Innovate UK will not fund proposals that:
- Do not address the competition scope above
- Do not identify the size and potential market the innovation might address (with the exception of proof of market research projects)
- Cannot present evidence that their idea or concept has the potential to lead to significant ROI, growth and scale-up of the business
Discover if you're eligible:
Want to be the first to know when we find new Grant Funds?
You can: Follow us onTwitter andLinkedin, where we regularly post Grant Alert updates - or you can sign up to our ‘Grant Alert Service’ which will mean you receive an email summary of every Grant Alert we find, alongside additional tips and advice