Emerging and enabling technologies
Innovation projects that inspire new products and services. Projects must show significant innovation in one of four priority areas: emerging technologies; digital; enabling capabilities or space applications.
Opens 5th September 2017
Funding Body Innovate UK
Funding Amount Up to £1.4M grant
Deadline 8th November 2017
The emerging and enabling technologies programme has 4 priority areas, which are:
- Emerging technologies.
- Enabling capabilities, including electronics, sensors and photonics (ESP), robotics and autonomous systems (RAS), creative economy and design.
- Space applications.
The aim of this competition is to help businesses to innovate in order to find sources of revenue from new products, processes or services.
To be considered, proposals must:
- show significant innovation in one of our priority areas (described further in the ‘Specific competition themes’ section)
- have outputs that can be applied in more than one industry, sector or market
- improve business growth or productivity, or create export opportunities for at least one UK SME involved in the project
To be eligible for funding you must:
be a UK based business, academic or research and technology organisation (RTO)
carry out your project work in the UK
intend to exploit the results from the UK
All projects must involve an SME, and only an SME can lead projects below £100,000.
For technical feasibility studies and industrial research, you could receive:
- up to 70% of your eligible project costs if you are a small business
- up to 60% if you are a medium-sized business
- up to 50% if you are a large business
For experimental development projects that are nearer to market, you could receive:
- up to 45% of your eligible project costs if you are a small business
- up to 35% if you are a medium-sized business
- up to 25% if you are a large business
If you think that you might be eligible, please contact us - we're happy to discuss your eligibility over the phone or email.
Please call 01392 427860 or email email@example.com